Thursday, September 26, 2013

From Boys To Men

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." I Corinthians 13:11 (KJV)

When I was growing up, I must say, I was fortunate to have my father in my life to show me (without me knowing) the ways of a man. That helped me in my journey to adulthood and becoming a man. He's always shown me that there is always a cause to put your efforts and beliefs behind.

In my journey I've encountered speed bumps and pitfalls. Those setbacks have taught me to be a better judge when making personal decisions.

Recently, I've started noticing things happening around the city that I live in that doesn't sit well with me. My thought process has now asked a serious question, "do you sit back and complain or stand up and make yourself heard?" I realize that in the field I work in my voice rings as loud as a cathedral bell - if not louder. I now believe I was groomed and put in this position to assist those whose voices are drowned out by those that have mastered the art of double-talking and deception through speech. Now, It is my time to accept the torch from those before me and take my rightful place in society as a MAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment